Over the holiday I made a new discovery - sashiko embroidery. It wasn't entirely new, as I recognised the style, but it wasn't something I knew anything about, and I wouldn't have known what it was called. Of course I had to do a little research, and what better research than having a go myself? So here are this afternoon's spoils, fresh from York's Quilt Museum & Gallery online shop (I would really very much like to go to this place in person, but it's not very convenient from where I am):
I am just sitting here gloating on my new toys and rubbing my hands at all the beautiful things I can make. And trying to decide whether I can justify trying them out straight away, or whether I ought to deal with the question of Proust and his restless subjective experience first. Oowee the possibilities!
Ooh, you've reminded me of some sashiko supplies I have myself that I should play with...
ReplyDelete