Monday, February 8, 2010

rounding up old promises

This is a pair of slipper socks that I promised to Becca for her birthday the summer before last (eek, how embarrassing! But at least on the plus side, it was not a promise entirely forgotten - I always get around to it, just not immediately...). The picture is not excellent, as I was in a hurry to get to a lecture, and she was in a hurry to catch a bus, so this was the best I could manage:
The green looks especially washed out here, but it was a good - I want to say 'herby' - colour. To stop them from wearing out, I got hold of a tube of something called Sock Stop, that you're supposed to paint onto the soles of woolly socks, and it also gives them better grip. I was too afraid that I would mess up my beautiful socks if I painted it on before giving them to Becca, so I just gave her the stuff with the socks and left her to do the damage. I hope it wasn't inappropriate...

Now I just need to post off the other pair of long-promised socks, and all my sock promises will be fulfilled!

2 comments:

  1. PROMISE ME SOCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you just want to see me with never-ending unfulfilled sock promises, don't you?

    meh. very well then. your wish is my command. or will be, eventually. don't expect anything like instant socks - that's not my style.

    ReplyDelete